5.15.2012

photo tour: a day in our nest...

Sooooo, the last time I showed you what an 'average' day in our nest looked like...
Hudson hadn't joined our crew yet!  Here's a recent compilation of our 'normal' routine:
::6:00 - 7:30 AM::
Awake(?!) due to Azriel coming in our room... and after a rapid 'snuggle' session, she wants to get downstairs and eat breakfast, play!

::7:30 - 9:00 AM::
Now that Azi's had about a gazillion melt-downs/tantrums or hissy fits (usually coinciding with the moment we force her to actually eat a meal...) we all take a chill out moment.
After some Bible stories, singing, praying for family/friends... it's a short Netflix period of favourite kid shows.  This is usually when I'm feeding Hudson again, or trying to get myself into a real outfit for the day!

::9:00 - 10:00 AM::
Now that we're all dressed, we have some fun:  painting, dancing, baking, cleaning, walking..etc.

::10:00 - 12:00PM::
Most days we end up finding some friends to play with too.  A walk to the park, or hanging out at each others homes is a great way to finish off the morning! 

::12:00 - 2:00PM::
Once lunch is served (and Hudson nursed), it's nap-time for the kids.
After repeated attempts to get Azi to stay in bed... she finally sleeps.  If I'm real lucky - so does Hudson... and then I'm a whirling dervish!!
I clean (toys.dishes.etc),
check (e-mails.blog.etc),
create (speedy sewing projects. diys. etc)
--------------------------
Usually Ben arrives home mid-afternoon from an early morning start at the bakery (Sticklings).
Azriel wakes up with that gorgeous blush in her cheeks... and Hudson, with eye goop!
 
::3:00 - 5:00PM::
Family time - playing outside, running errands, Ben usually makes dinner while I feed Hudson.

 ::6:00 - 7:00PM::
I clean up the dishes, toys, chaos... and Ben gets in some last minute playtime with the kids, then baths and bedtime.

::8:00 - 10:00PM::
Ben's usually retired for an early start the next morning.. so it's the last two standing here. 
 I get a 'date' every evening with Sir Cranky Pants Hudson.  This is the one (back-breaking) hold that he favours when he's a fussy fit of gas/insomnia... otherwise, I'm feeding him/holding him... and sitting here: blogging to you fine folks!  (I'm getting real good at one handed typing... hehe).
Then it's off to bed, and start again tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing in our day.
 I'm delighted to have you perch at our nest.

Mel ;o)

3 comments:

  1. LOVED this Mel! Thanks so much. I HAVE to come by your next when I am in town sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! Make that your "nest'.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  thanks Maureen ;o).. or, you're welcome I guess I should say!  Please do feel free to pop in anytime (especially during an Azi melt down moment.. ha!). xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!